Thursday 30 June 2016

#artistchallenge Day 5

I've been gradually increasing the colours of distress inks I have & buying the mini ink pads. So today I had a play with a few of my new colours & a stamp I purchased at a craft show a while ago. The design was inspired by a few blog challenges ...


To make the coloured background, I blended 4 different inks onto white cardstock through a stencil & spritzed with water. I then inked up the bird stamp & stamped it 4 times on top of the coloured background. With the 5th stamping,I masked off the bird part of the stamp so I could just stamp it's perch. The flying bird was stamped once on the main card & then again lower down without re-inking to give the effect of the bird flying off it's perch. I masked off part of the top of the card, blended distress ink & stamped the sentiment.

I found a neat idea on Pinterest how to keep blending foams with their matching ink pad... the round foams are a perfect fit for underneath the mini ink pads & you can hold them in place with some washi tape ...


Thanks for popping by & take care.

Tam x

Supplies
Stamp: Lindsay Mason Designs "Dreams have wings"
Stencil: Tim Holtz "Brick"
Distress inks: mustard seed, mowed lawn, peacock feathers, picked raspberry

Inspiration
Less Is More: USE A STENCIL
Just Us Girls: Photo week:

CASology: Cue card:

8 comments:

  1. Great idea for a design, really powerful. Love your ink blending, and how clever to mask an area for the sentiment for that added pop! Thanks for an awesome LIM entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I love the design of your card! What a fantastic take on our challenge! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the effect you got by stencilling and then spritzing with water because it softens the edges of the brickwork. Gorgeous colours and that stamp is lovely too.
    Thanks so much for joining us.
    Sharon xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a few 'rows' in here - love your creative use of colour and the silhouettes. So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice use of all your new colors Tamara! Fun card! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Better late than never!
    Sorry for the late visit!
    This is a super sweet card Tamara, great colours!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete