Thursday 14 April 2016

Smooshing with friends

I found a bit of time this afternoon to do some crafting so I could enter a couple of challenges before the deadlines. I try to enter the One Layer card challenge at Less is More as I find that one really makes me think outside the box. I combined it with the 'swooshing' challenge at Just Us Girls & the cue card of 'Pink' at CASology. Here's what I came up with ...



I rubbed an ink pad onto a craft sheet then spritzed it with water. I then laid a square card blank front over the top of it to get the 'swooshed' effect across the card. The hexagon pattern was then stamped across the top in the same colour. I stamped the 'Friend' sentiment in a different colour; overstamped with a versamark inkpad & embossed with clear embossing powder to make it stand out.

This wasn't my first attempt, my creative journey went something like this ...


This was my first attempt, but I thought it looked too busy, so I gave up with that one & came up with this ...

I still wasn't happy with that one, the 2 patterns seemed to jar with each other. So eventually it was third time lucky! Does anyone else have these trial & error moments?!

The geometric stamps were a free gift in a magazine ...

Thanks for popping by & take care.

Tam x

Supplies:
Docrafts Papermania 'Capsule Geometric Mono' stamps - free in a magazine
CB 'Sugar & spice' sentiment stamps
Altenew Crisp inks 'Red Cosmos' set
Versamark ink pad
Clear embossing powder

Challenge inspiration:
Less is More: ONE LAYER CARD 
challenge!  Geometric Shapes or Patterns









10 comments:

  1. Brilliant design, love your smooshing !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as though your had fun during the development of your final creation Tamara!
    Cute card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fun journey! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a simple design for such a stunning result. Fabulous finish. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week Tamara.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card Tamara! Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! The pink and the little geometric shapes are really sweet together. Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, I think we all have trial and error moments, I certainly do. Got a little pile of 'hmmm, not sure that works' offcuts!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fun and super pretty one layer card. I've always got a pile of duds hanging around so I wouldn't worry about it. Love your subtle geometric design with the pop of shine on your sentiment. Great work Thanks for playing along at Less is More. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty card, and I love how you creatively used so much pink. Yay for free stamps! That has never happend to me, but I can still hope. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete